Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 14, 2011

SEVEN SISTERS QUILT BY KAREN CAPPS OF MADISON, WISCONSIN

Some of you may be aware of this, but I was not.  As most of you know, I retired in early January.  The last three months I worked were pretty hectic.  My "American Quilter" magazine came and I put it away as I did not have time to look at it.  A couple of weeks ago, I pulled it out and found that this beautiful Seven Sisters quilt constructed and hand quilted by Karen Capps of Madison, Wisconsin, won the Best Hand Workmanship award at the AQS show in Des Moines, IA last fall.

I contacted Karen and she sent me a picture of her quilt and gave me permission to post it on the blog.

Many of you may know Karen as she was a long time member of WQI and came to our first retreat in Lake Geneva two years ago.

Please join me in congratulating Karen on this awesome award winning quilt.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the posts below I'm not from Wisconsin but LOVE many of the shows listed! Thanks

    ReplyDelete